Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cross-eyed

Sorry about the late start this week, but I had training on Saturday which is my usual day of updating this blog. Hey, how has your week been? Are you okay? Has life this past day, week, month, or year been excessively out of balance? We all go through it at times, but I have found that there is a helpful combatant to these days of seemingly never ending heaviness. God says in His word that He has given us the, "garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness." I wondered about that for a while when I was younger in my faith. "What does that mean exactly?" was my question to that verse. Then the Lord showed me that it is all about my perspective of things. Sometimes I get to thinking that bad things just never seem to stop coming and there is some truth to that, but there are also good things that are going on at the same time in my life. My life is not some roller coaster ride; up and down, up and down. Well it is if I let it be, which I used to do all the time. But the truth is that my life is made up of unseen areas also. I am a spiritual being. I am a child of the Most High God. My Father is the Creator of heaven and earth. His Son, the Lord Jesus has freed me from my sins and adopted me into His family. I am a new creation in Christ and my sins are forgiven. I stand righteous in the sight of God because of my faith in Christ. When God looks at Jesus, He sees me. When I look at Jesus, I see Him. I am blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly realms. I am seated with God in the heavenly places. Death has been defeated and has no sting for me. It has now become just the doorway to my continued life in heaven with my Father and all my Christian brothers and sisters. I've read the end of the book (Bible) and guess what? We win!
Wow, I feel better already. I too, was feeling a little down earlier this week, but now I feel great. I guess it is true. The "garment of praise" that I just wrote in the preceding sentences did fight off that feeling of heaviness. And all those wonderful truths about our God that I just mentioned were accomplished at the cross of Christ. Thank God that He showed me that I needed to check my perspective and view everything through the cross which now makes me "Cross-eyed." Let me now ask you a question. Have you had your vision evaluated lately? It may be time for a check-up.
God bless you this week as you view everything through the Cross. Faithfully yours, brotherdevon

No comments:

Post a Comment