Sunday, May 17, 2009

Oh, Happy Day!

Hey everyone, I hope all of you are well this week. I had a wonderful week down at the prison and a wonderful day yesterday to top it off with. There are many of you who may not know that I am one of the prison ministers for my church the Duncanville Church of Christ. My partner, Stek Steck, and I are just two of many volunteers from all sorts of Christ-centered churches from all over the metroplex who have come together as a collaborative to be agents of change for Jesus down at the Dawson St. Jail in downtown Dallas, TX. We oversee three faith-based dorms. Two of them are for men and one women's dorm and it is a huge blessing to be able to do what we do, day in and day out.

Well, yesterday we got to go and just be guest at an event held by Prison Fellowship Ministry who is one of our partners that are involved with the Re-entry aspect of the collaborative. They help find the ladies who are getting out housing, jobs, mentors, and necessities as well as maintaining relationships ongoing after their release. It was such a blessing to see ladies that I haven't seen since they were incarcerated and students of ours. It was so cool to see them with their kids and families. All of them doiong well and still following Jesus and the many smiles that were in that room, all of which are an amazing testimony to the glory of God and His power to save and change lives. Let me tell you that I needed that this week. God is so good. He always has that just right timing in our lives to unveil His goodness and to give us that little boost we need sometimes just when we need it. You see, I love what I do for Jesus. I get to be very involved in pastoring, mentoring, teaching, and encouraging men and women in the love of the Lord. But let's face it, ministry work is not like building a house, mowing a lawn, or fixing an engine as far as getting to see the finished work. Don't get me wrong I see God working in the lives of people everyday, but I also see that there is so much that needs to still be done.

I guess because I have never been much of a gardener I don't have the patience to wait for things to grow, but I'm getting there now as I daily seek to be used by God to show these guys and gals that Jesus is better. I have to constantly remind myself and others that we are seed sowers and if you know anything about planting seeds it's that you have to give them time to grow. Well, yesterday I got to see some harvest. I really am glad that God is so patient with us because after all He is the ultimate farmer. We are His harvest and I am so thankful for His green thumb. The bible teaches that there is great joy in the presence of the angels at every sinner that repents and turns to God for salvation which is harvest from the seeds of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So thank you Lord for saving us and Oh,Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment