What is happening in your world, or better yet what are you happening too in the world? Is God moving and shaking in the world around you? I believe He is. The real question is are we aware of it and are we involved in it, whatever it is. As Christians, we have been called out of our lives of sin to be agents of change in the army of God. A real force of power to happen too the days and culture we live in. The bible is full of scriptures that tell us to lay down this low-life and pickup Christ’s high-life, a life that is centered on God and others. I am not to think less of myself, but I am to think of myself less.
Let’s face it, most people are out to help only themselves, and I don’t blame them if they don’t know Christ. But sadly enough, this life is not meant to be spent on ourselves. Trust me I tried it for 30 years and I was miserable by the time I even started to get a lick of sense. When I finally did get a taste of living this life for Christ and others I couldn’t be satisfied with anything else. It is true that what you make happen for others, God will make happen for you. I believe that the bible refers to this as "sowing and reaping." It is a spiritual law in the earth that even the unbelievers are aware of. They call it “Karma” or “what goes around, comes around”, but God calls it “seed, time, and harvest.”
Our pastor gave a wonderful word of encouragement this morning to the congregation, and I would like to share the verses he used as the guidelines for the life of service to God and others.
Romans 12:9-13 (message translation) “Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
Now that is sound advice and the secret to living the high-life. Believe me when I tell you that God is happening to our world and wants us to join Him in the cause. There will be no greater reward, no higher honor, than to hear our Lord say, “well done, good and faithful servant, come and enter the joy of the Lord.” So this week be alert, have your radar up and scouring the horizon of your sphere of influence, and if you see a chance to be a blessing, just do it.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment