Hey everyone, I pray you are doing well this week. God our Father is so good to us each and every day. I am amazed at His faithfulness to us and His loving-kindness toward us. We are truly blessed because Jesus is Lord. He is our all in all for those of us who have been forgiven and have received Him as Lord and Savior. I remember well the great day that I turned my life and will over to the care of Christ's control about 9 years ago. It is forever etched in my mind. On that day I changed from a poor destitute sinner, hellbent, and wretched to the core; into a blood bought, blood washed, child of the Most High God. My sins were forgiven and my destiny was changed forever. Now that was quite an event.
Now that I look back on it I can see that all through my life God was pursuing me. Like a hawk pursues its prey, He was stalking my every move. He had a major plan to win my heart and make me His forever. I truly was a formidable foe though. I fought against Him at every turn. Not realizing that it was Him I was fighting, but still fighting Him nonetheless. You know, it's funny how some of us are just so hard headed and rebellious that you just can't tell us anything. Some of us are just so dead set on living our lives in a blaze of glory that it has to take an act of God to wake us up to see where the road we were traveling on was really taking us. It took me along time to figure out that the way I was living wasn't working. Well, maybe I had it figured out, but I didn't know how to make it change direction. Thank God, that He had a plan.
Our Father always has a plan because He is a planner. He planned that before the foundation of the world that we would need a Savior. He planned that His Son Jesus would be that Savior. He planned that after Jesus did His saving work on that cross of Calvary that He would then begin the tedious work of chasing us down with His unstoppable love. The cross of Christ was the biggest of the major events that He planned, but it's not the only one. There are also the many major events that our Father has planned for each of our lives. I'm talking about the day in your life when God finally got a hold of your heart and changed it to run to Him instead of away from him. The day that you began to accept His love and truth. The day that He poured His love all over you and you knew that you were His and that He was yours. I hope you know exactly what I am talking about here. Which leads me to why I am writing this blog today.
Last week on Thursday night I got to be a part of a major event in the life of one of the guys in the Dawson St. Jail. He came into the prison about 9 months ago at age 18. He was young and full of life, but all of it misdirected. At first I couldn't really see how he was going to make it in our faith-based dorm. Everyday when I walked in to the dorm they were lining up to tell me what he had done this time to upset the applecart. I just couldn't help it though, after a while I just had such a great love for this youngster that I probably let him stay longer than he should of. Well, as you can tell after the fourth time we had moved him out for a 30 day suspension and back in again he finally was moved over to another part of the prison. But strangely enough he kept showing up over at the Thursday night inmate led church service. I mean we all loved him with our whole hearts, but he was just so wild. Well, God is faithful and even when we can't see it with our eyes we should know that in our hearts the prayers were starting to work on this young man. I thank God that on this last Thursday night when the altar call was made in a room full of worshippers, that this young, wild, handful of a man came down and gave his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. We were all so happy, but truly we should have just been patient in our love for him and waited for the major event planner to finish His work of drawing him to Jesus. I hope we remember this week that you can't rush God's work, but if your praying you can trust that He is working. Be blessed.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment