Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sick World, Great Physician

Well it was an interesting day today as far as life goes. I woke up this morning ready to see what the Lord had in store for the day, and now that it is almost over I am certainly surprised by how it played out. I got to church on time and enjoyed the service and the message, but still wasn't ready for what was soon to follow. I knew that my new friend Rona Davis, who has her own radio show on 100.7 the Word, called the Freedom Hour at noon on Sundays was interviewing one of my old friends Brooke who now works for Bill Glass Ministries. I love Brooke and have known her since high school and am so glad to see that God has gotten a hold of her life and is making it count for His Glory.

As Brooke shared her story it took me back to those days in an instant and I was consumed with how all of us start out so fresh and innocent when we are young and naive to the ways of the enemy and his tricks and schemes. The bible teaches us "that the whole world lies under the sway of the evil one." I bring this up because when I met Brooke she was young, vibrant, full of life, and a hottie for sure. She was actually a wildcat as far as most of the girls went around our group. So during her testimony I realized why she had jumped out ahead of the others in the race to supposed freedom from the rules of conduct for our age range, and it was because the year before she was dealt a serious wound to the heart. Brooke was a good girl, so to speak, and in a moment of time a jealous girlfriend and an immature ex-boyfriend started some awful rumors about her that turned almost the whole school against her. I am sure it was a devastating blow to Brooke's beautiful little life at that time. It was the eighth grade for her and what was supposed to be a time of enjoying life and making wonderful memories to last forever turned into a knifing point straight to the heart, the very depths of her soul. Now that I am wiser in the ways of world, I see it for what it was, a strategically planned attack by the enemy through young, revenge filled minds to accomplish the purpose of destroying a young lady's life from the onset. Satan's plan is always to strike the deepest from the closest people in our lives if he can, and it is a most effective technique. I am not in any way making excuses for the decisions that were made in her life from that point on, but let's face it, at such a young age, with such a deep wound, who can't see why things in her life started heading the wrong way. She just wasn't equipped to deal with the enormity of the betrayal and turned away from the only One who is, instead of turning to Him. Sound familiar, anyone?

We live in a sick world. Brooke's story is just one of millions, including my own. Satan indeed is "a roaring lion, roaming around seeking whom he may devour." He is busier than ever because he knows his time is short. Please feel free to tune in to http://www.thefreedomhour.com/ and click on "past shows" to here how Brooke's story like so many others changes for the glory of God and the restoration of the real Brooke Pelt Crow. For it is all due to the Great Physician. Thank you Lord Jesus for all that You are and all that You do!
2

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Devon! You are wonderful and amazing and I thank you for posting this about me! You are the coolest ever. You know, God has and has had it all in His hands from day one. It really is so cool to see it all unfold although while in the midst of such tramatic events like that time in eight grade, it's hard to understand especially when you aren't leaning and trusting in Him completely! And I thank you so much for being my friend! Remeber when I was pregnant with Maggie and I came to stay with you after her dad went back to California without me? My mom just asked me "was Devon that cute kid who you stayed with for a bit"...and I said yes. Ultimately, even when we don't understand the why's and it seems so dark and we don't know how we are going to make it, that's when God wants us to trust in Him the most. And we take a deep breath, and trust. And He renews our strength for another day, and then another, and another, etc. etc.
    I love you my brother in Christ! You are a dear friend!
    Praise God!!!

    Your Friend...

    Brooke Pelt Crow

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so unbelievably to cool to see this "reunion." I love how God connected us all together!
    Devon - your post was beautiful and wonderful and such a great capture of what really happened to Brooke - the enemy went straight for that cheerleader heart and just took her out!! BUT - Jesus heals and God restores and Brooke is a hottie again! Hot on fire for our Lord!!
    You are an awesome Brother, Devon!
    Your pal - Rona

    ReplyDelete