Sunday, March 8, 2009
In the beginning...
"In the beginning God created..." is how the Bible starts and rightly so. I was thinking these past few days about my beginning and would like to share with you what I came up with. My story leads off with "In the beginning mom was there laboring furiously to bring me into this world and that is after carrying me inside her womb for nine months." Even more stressful to her was the fact that she already had two miscarriages in her life before me. You know, come to think of it there has never been a time in my life when mom hasn't been there. Now my mom did'nt create me, God did. But she is definitely the vehicle that God used to bring me into this world. I am sure all of us know that there is nothing as special as a mom with her child. I certainly hope this is the case for you. It is for me and I would like to officially and publicly thank God for giving me the greatest mom in the world. Mom has surely been through great times and rough times with me, my brother, and dad when he was alive. She raised us well and was not at the time well rewarded for it. As a matter of fact, when me and my brother were old enough to start making big decisions for ourselves we completely checked out and went down every road we were taught not to. For years (seventeen years in my case) my mom had a son (me), but did'nt know him because their was some stranger walking around in his body. Still, mom was there. You see I went completely away from God and family and started living life for myself which led to a hedonistic lifestyle of whatever feels good do it. Still, mom was there. There is always a price to pay for that kind of living and it usually hurts the family of the hedonist as much or more than the one doing the rebellious living. I mean it, think about that for a moment with me. For the first 15 or 16 years of my life my mom had this pretty good kid with great potential and promise, and then all of a sudden without warning this gift from God is gone, out of his mind, chasing women, dealing drugs and all other sorts of criminal behavior. Still, mom was there. Without any thought about it except the occasional "what are you doing dummy?" that would pop up in my mind, I continued on with my lifestyle of fun and fame (yeah right). Still, mom was there. Eventually, my mind, body, and soul became so clouded by all the drugs and the stress of living the fast life that I was unable to make a good decision if I would have wanted to. Much less, actually think about what my life was doing to her and others that cared about me. Still, mom was there. I became this unfeeling, uncaring, unknown person barely alive and certainly not really living. It was too late now though because I had partied my way into a monsterous meth addiction. Boy, I sure was the pride of my families lives then. Still, mom was there. But God, was getting tired of it all and so was I. I just know deep down inside of me that it was the unending prayers of this wonderful woman that finally broke through and forced God to move in my life and bring a halt to the pain I was causing myself, her, and Him. Finally, I cried out for God's help and He listened. I got busted a couple of weeks later for dealing meth and it was the turning point in my life. Still, mom was there. Although, I am sure it caused shame to my mother, we all knew that something had to give. I gave my life to Jesus in prison and lived another 4 years clean and sober following the Lord. However, I wasn't in any kind of recovery and in a horrific moment started using meth again. Still, mom was there. There is an old saying in Recovery that "relapse is part of recovery." I don't like that saying, but in many cases it is true. Well, now I am in recovery and have been for the last two years. My life is good and guess what? Mom is still here. She would'nt trade me for the world. We are closer than ever and she deserves it. So mom, this blog has been dedicated to you. You are one super, classy lady and I love you. Thanks for still being here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is one classy lady, Christ-like lady, alright!
ReplyDelete