Saturday, March 7, 2009
Getting Started
Well, this I hope is going to be an interesting assignment for you as well as myself. I certainly am nervous to say the least about sharing my life with whoever may be inclined to join the Lord and I on this new journey I am starting into all the earth via the Internet. I know that somewhere in the Bible the Lord says " do not despise the day of small beginnings." This I believe will definitely fit into that category. However, I also know that whatever the Lord calls a person to do for Him, He will bless and make it count for the benefit of others and the the glorifying of Himself. He is funny that way, but well deserving of all glory and honor that our lives can bring to Him. I think I would like to start this endeavor with the first line of the book written by Pastor Rick Warren called "The Purpose Driven Life" which says " It is not all about you." Of course, he is talking about our lives on this planet. Wow, I wonder if that is as shocking to you as it was to me the first time I realized it. I am still not sure I can believe it. If you would have known me in my life before Jesus or were in anyway like me and most others this is challenging to everything I believed and held dear as far as the way I did life. Thank God, it is finally starting to sink in and take root because my old ways and beliefs had led me straight into a miserable and meaningless existance. Spiritually bankrupt, depleted, lonely, depressed and even suicidal for a time. On my way to prison knowing that I was created for more than what I was. "But God." The two biggest words in the Bible by far. Because of these two words I have come to know the real meaning of Life. His name is Jesus. I have also come to know how to live this life well. You see, I am no longer miserable and my life is no longer meaningless. As a matter of fact, I am the complete opposite. I am full of life, purpose, love and joy. Thus, the reason I am writing this blog today. It is not all about me. When it was all about me I was in essence saying to myself "I am god, I will do this and I will do that and I will do whatever makes me happy." Trust me when I say that I was a sore excuse for a god. Now, that I have resigned from my previous position as god and let the real and true God run my life, things are well. Relationships are healthy, peace is steady, wrongs have been righted and life is good. Joy is my new life message. "Jesus, Others, You" is the Biblical acronym for joy and it is definitely a winning combination. I pray this has been the start of an ongoing vibrant relationship between us and that you have in some way been blessed by God's message to us today. Look forward to seeing you next week. Brotherdevon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
this is great man
ReplyDeletekeep it up
harry from AMA
Great job Devon, you just keep on following the Spitit of Truth brother! God Bless You
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful, Devon! I love to see how God is working in your life. It's a reminder of how powerful He is.
ReplyDeleteHey Devon, Great start I can testify to the work God is doing through you. He truly uses you for good to reach those people still in a self imposed prison. He touched my life through you and I am still walking with the Lord today.
ReplyDeleteDevon,
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work. I will forward this link to returning men and women for them to have a voice and a beacon to navigate by. You are such an encourager and I love the way you give Our Lord the credit. I will be looking forward to those that join in.
See you in Jail!